This website is owned and operated by the Computer Animation Studios of Ontario (CASO), a non profit association.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(2) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our websites (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through our website, and similar information);
- (b) information relating to any enquiries you make concerning our template documents or purchases you make of our template documents (which may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, company name, role/position, payment details and details of the proposed use or uses of the template documents);
- (c) information relating to or supplied to us in connection with any services we may provide to you;
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with our website blogs (your name and email address);
- (e) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (your name, email address and areas of interest); and
- (f) any other information that you choose to send to us.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send to you templates that you purchase, and supply to you services we contract to provide;
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to CASO or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block All Cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those websites.